Guilt Free Vanilla Almond Cookies
I was experimenting in the kitchen today with almond meal and made some delicious cookies! They are perfect as a snack throughout the day, or great to have with a cup of tea after a long day! They are essentially guilt free and a sure treat the entire family will love!
Delicious Vanilla Almond Cookies!
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbps of honey (can substitute for agave syrup, rice malt syrup or maple syrup)
- 4 tbsps of melted coconut oil
- 3 drops of stevia sweet drops vanilla creme (can sub in 2 drops of vanilla essence or extract)
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt flakes
Optional - (almonds, dark chocolate chips, cacoa nibs etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients in the bowl
4. If you want to add in any of the optional ingredients, add these in now and ensure that the mixture is mixed thoroughly
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spray lightly with coconut oil
6. Roll out mixture into 1 tbsp balls and line them on the baking tray.
7. Press lightly in the centre and place an almond on top (optional - this is what I did)
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. They will be soft when you take them out but will harden up while cooling down.