There comes a time in life when everyone just needs that little bit of 'me-time'. It doesn't have to be long, it just has to be enough for you to relax, clear your head and put a smile on your face. I've been extremely stressed myself lately, and sat down to develop this recipe. My 'me-time' balls are the perfect snack when you're feeling down, or need a small pick me up for some natural energy. You can eat them at any time of the day, and rest assured there are no nasties! They are vegan, gluten free and of course sugar free!
Enjoy them with a cup of tea, a sunny day or your best friend. They're super-duper easy to make and are extremely versatile!
- 2 mashed banana
5 finely chopped dates
small handful of sultanas (I soaked them in water for 5 minutes so they were super soft)
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup of quick oats
- 2 drops of vanilla (I used stevia sweet drops vanilla creme)
- 3 teaspoons of raw cacoa powder (can replace with cocoa)
- 2 teaspoons of agave nectar (You can replace with honey, they just won't be vegan!)
Optional: Chopped nuts, chocolate hazlenut butter, chia seeds, maca powder, anything you want!
1. Fill a shallow dish with 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut for later (your hand will be too sticky to do this later!)
2.Mash the bananas and combine the rest of the ingredients in a big bowl together. Remember this will only use 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut!
3. Taste the mixture and make sure you like it! If it's not sweet enough, add more agave nectar, honey or vanilla drops!
4. Roll the mixture into balls (think small cupcake size) and then roll them in the desiccated coconut!
5. These do not need to be refrigerated to set, though I always like to so the snacks are nice and firm!
Please tag me on Instagram if you make these, I'd love to know how they turn out! Instagram @alustforfitness and #alustforfitness.